Emergency Center of Excellence
The Emergency Center of ExcellenceTM is the first national designation to recognize EDs that offer superior care. Emergency departments are recognized based on their results of over 100 Key Performance Indicators, each linked to one or more of the Seven Pillars of Excellence.
Top performing emergency departments that are awarded the Emergency Center of Excellence award have a lot to be proud of. Emergency departments can use this designation in promotional materials (EmEx-Award verification confers access to print-ready marketing materials). You may appreciate significant volume increases as the community learns of your emergency department’s reputation for superior emergency care.
The Seven Pillars of Emergency Medicine Excellence
- Safety pertains to overall care quality, patient outcomes, and team commitment to quality improvement.
- Satisfaction relates to patient’s perception of excellent care, department reputation, and efforts to advance stature.
- Solvency addresses current opportunities for fiscal improvement through optimal coding, test utilization and lean processes.
- Space represents the functionality of the facility and equipment from both the clinical team and patient perspective.
- Staff incorporates physicians and nurse credentials, team staffing levels and retention, and professional satisfaction.
- Support involves relationships with administration and medical staff, adequacy of on-call coverage, and involvement in emergency department-wide committees.
- Systems refer to work flow processes, care pathways, and technologic advances, especially in computerization.
For more information, see EmEx-Award page
Emergency Center of Excellence designees:
|Aurora BayCare Medical Center|
|Berger Health System|
|St. Vincent Carmel Hospital|
|Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Medical Center||
|Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth|
|Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance|
|Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South|
|Virginia Hospital Center|
|West Chester Hospital|